Sunday, April 3, 2011

April Tea at the Avalon

Andrea hosted April tea at the Avalon in downtown White Bear Lake. While Kimmy was enjoying the last snow of the season on the slopes we were able to meet Anne, Andrea's friend from college. Knowing that Anne has a tea cup collection she will have to join us again.

The dishes were elegantly spring with multi-color flowers and varied cup shapes. The food was exceptional - all four courses! Quiche; four varieties of tea sandwiches; cream and cherry scones with devonshire, lemon curd and preserves; cake, shortbread cookies and two more desserts - yum! I think this was the first tea party where we all needed to go boxes.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sheri! It's me...Melissa from ChinDeep! Just thought I'd drop you a note while I was visiting your cute blog! I use to work at the Avalon Tea Room in White Bear Lake when it was called "The Buckingham Bee." Such a sweet place. Looks like you had a lot of fun! I have so many fond memories of that place...the place where I first started learning "The Mysteries of Tea" as my friend Kathleen, (the previous owner) called it. Now I'm writing a book all about my tea adventures, and this place it mentioned often.

    Best,
    Melissa Placzek
    www.ChinDeep.com

    ReplyDelete