Saturday, August 27, 2011

Pasadena Me Some Tea

While I was a bit tired from delivering a presentation, I wanted to take advantage of the little down time I had so I searched for "tea" near my hotel in Glendale, CA. I braved the freeway and discovered Old Town Pasadena, which was a major change of pace from LA and Hollywood.

I discovered three tea shops within a few blocks of one another. My first stop was the Tea Rose Garden. This tea room was also a flower shop. It was quaint and a little old ladyish, but cute. They had nine different kinds of scones, I tried the lemon raspberry. The table next time ordered a beautiful sandwich tray.

I ordered an Arnie Palmer and it came with fresh flowers - cute!
I wish I would have discovered The Scarlet Tea Room first as it was very posh and voted best afternoon tea in LA. The decor was simple, yet elegant and Fancy French. Alas, I had no appetite for treats.
The Scarlet Tea Room was like stepping into Paris.
 

Lastly, I found The Chado Tea Room. This tea room was by far the busiest with a guitar player and more than 300 teas from which to choose. The customer in front of me had been to a wine tasting where they served their wine teas - they had merlot, etc. it was really interesting. I bought some White Champagne Raspberry, Lavender Early Gray and a mystery tea to be revealed later :)
I had to buy tea in one of their interesting tins.

No comments:

Post a Comment